Blog Archive

Make up - loose powder


Today I will share with you two of my favourite loose powders.

Both of the powders are transparent so ladies of diffrent skin tones can use it witout a worry. First powder was given to me by my lovely make up artist who works at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Boston. I have been using it for the past 8 years and it have never failed me. For a long time it was only available in the hospital but then Vichy decided that their Dermablend collection should be available for everyone. The full name is Dermablend setting powder and it costs approximately £16. You can find it at Boots in the UK or CVS and Rite Aid in the US. It has a very good lasting power, I don't get any unwanted shine throught the day. Although I think that ladies with oily skin will have to reapply it at some point during the day. For me it's perfect.


Vichy site states that the lasting power is 16 hours, which I think is accurate for people with normal and dry skin. They also say that it resists perspiration, rubbing and bathing. I agree with resisting perspiration and rubbing but not with bathing. I don't believe that anykind of loose powder will stay after bathing. Maybe by bathing they've meant being in the sea and getting splashed by tiny bit of water from the waves. The size is pretty good; it's 28g. I gave half of the powder to my mommy. I've got the powder in late October and even though I only have a half of it I still have, an amount that I think will last me for at least another month, left!

RATING: 5/5



Second powder that I love is the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.


Rachel Zoe has mentioned it in the Zoe Report. To me, anything Rachel says is worth buying I have to try! And OF COURSE I wasn't dissapointed! The size is 8g, and it costs £17.50. It basically is the same as the Vichy one. You may ask why then I buy the MAC one if I can get a bigger size for less? Well this powder makes my skin silky smooth, which unfortunately the other one doesn't. Still I love them both the same.


RATING: 4/5



PS. This might be slightly off topic but it really means a lot to me. As I have mentioned I am a patient of Shriners Hospital for Children in Boston. The nurses and doctors are like my family. I love them very much. They are miracle workers! For some time now they have made it possible for everyone to make donations online. I would really appreciate if you could just take your time and donate, even a $1 to them. It can make a lot of difference to those children who undergo major surgeries for either burns or orthopedic problems. Please click on the link below to find out more.

Shriners Funds



Informacja dla polskich czytelniczek:

Niestety z powodu braku czasu, nie jestem w stanie w chwili obecnej tlumaczyc posty na jezyk polski. Ze wzgledu na to umiescilam po prawej stronie mozliwosc tlumaczenia strony. Z gory przepraszam za te niedogodnosc, ale gdy tylko sie przeprowadze ponownie zaczne tlumaczyc posty.


xA