Blog Archive

Beauty and make up


My experience with make up and beauty products was always ending in disappointment. Because of that I don't really trust the reviews, as I find my skin to be much different than this of people who review certain items. For example, I never ever in my life had breakouts, blackheads, large pores, and other face skin problems that so many girls experience. However I have developed atopic dermititis when I was 18, thanks to my favourite doctor I no longer have to worry about this though. The only 'problem' I might find with my skin is that it's really dry and sensitive (it gets very red when it doesn't like the cleansing product or moisturisers).

Although I have found many of my go to make-up products, I'm still on the quest of finding the beauty and hair products that will suit my needs. In the future beauty post I will be reviewing those products which I currently use. I will also post an overall review of the product by ladies with different skin types so everyone can find those post useful.



Today, I will post a review and overview of a foundation that I could not live without and will definitely be devastated if they ever decide to discontinue it, which actually is highly unlikely as it is they number one product.

                                                (Image courtesy: Pearls and Poodles blog)

Thanks to my lovely best friend Natalia I discovered the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. It was a love at first application. However due to a lack of experience of the ladies in Polish Sephora, I was given colour named Fresco (2N2) which turned out to be way too dark for me. I was inexperienced so I have used at least 3 bottles of that color! Then a lovely consultant in Saks Fifth Avenue in Boston said that I should use the lightest shade they have to offer. She gave me an Ecru (1N1). It was almost perfect, the only problem I found with it was that it was too yellow, so with the next bottle I switched to Shell (1C1). So I highly recommend getting a sample of the product before you get it. Also let the foundation dry before you decide that it's the wrong color as in my case right after the application on some days the foundation looks very pink until it dries.

This foundation has a medium coverage, which is very buildable without looking cakey. I find the coverage to be satisfying, it covers the redness perfectly and I don't have to use a concealer at all. The best way to apply it is by using fingers. It has a SPF10 but I still put a SPF50 moisturiser (I rather not have wrinkles when I'm older). The Estee Lauder website states that it has a 15-hour staying power, which I have to say is true for those with normal and dry skin. Ladies with oily skin will benefit from the foundation for at least 8-9 hours. It is available in 6 shades. Each shade has 3 varieties (Warm, Neutral, Cold). The price in the UK is £25.50, but it varies in different countries. Also a very important thing. Some of the shades in the US are named differently in the UK, so when buying the foundation online you should look by the number rather than the name.

For those ladies that find the coverage of the normal Double Wear to be too much, Estee Lauder had released a Double Wear Light version. The coverage is sheer to medium. It also has 6 shades, although they are called intensities (no idea why). For me the downside of this version is that apart from being to sheer for me, the lightest shade they have to offer is way too dark for me, and I find it very hard to apply (once again, no idea why). However my Mommy finds it much better then the normal version.

A cheaper alternative to this foundation is said to be Revlon's ColorStay. I never tried it so I can't really give you any more insigthful details.

RATING (Double Wear): 5/5
RATING (Double Wear Light): 0/5 (in my opinion the lack of correct shade is just unacceptable for a high end brand, that why it's 0 and not 2 I wanted to give it at first)

Tlumaczenie:

Moje doswiadzczenie z makeupem oraz produktami upiekszajacymi zawsze konczylo sie zawodem. Przez co przestalam ufac opiniom na temat danego produktu jako, ze moja skora okazala sie byc zupelnie inna niz dziewczyn, ktore pisaly te opinie, np. w zyciu nie przezylam czegos takiego jak wypryski, zaskorniki, duze pory, itp. Jednak w moim przypadku w wieku 18 lat nagle dostalam Atopowego Zapalenia Skory, z ktorego na szczesie moja ukochana alergolozka wyleczyla mnie w ekspresowym tempie. Jedyny 'problem' jaki moge znalezc w swojej skorze na twarzy to taki, ze jest ona bardzo sucha i delikatna (jezeli nie spodoba jej sie jakis krem, albo plyn do demakijazu to od razu robi sie strasznie czerwona).

Mimo, ze znalazlam wiele produktow, ktore pasuja mi idealnie, nadal jest wiele takich kosmetykow (szczegolnie do demakijazu, kremow, balsamow oraz produktow do wlosow), ktore beda mi odpowiadac. W przyszlych postach o urodzie bede recenzowala produkty, ktore obecnie uzywam. Bede dodawac rowniez recenzje osob o innym rodzaju skory, tak aby wszystkie z was mogly z tych recenzji korzystac.

Dzisiejszy post poswiece podkladowi, bez ktorego nie moglabym zyc i jezeli beda chcieli go wycofac z produkcji to mnie szlag trafi. Wycofanie z produkcji jednak chyba bedzie malo prawdopodobne jako ze jest to ich produkt Nr 1!

Dzieki mojej przyjaciolce Natalii poznalam podklad Estee Lauder Double Wear. To byla milosc od pierwszej aplikacji. Niestety z powodu braku doswiadzczenia Pan z Sephory, otrzymalam kolor Fresco (2N2), ktory byl dla mnie za ciemny. Jednak z powodu mojego niewiedzy zuzylam az 3 butelki! Pozniej jednak przemila Pani z Saks Fifth Avenue w Bostonie powiedziala, ze powinnam uzywac najjasniejszego odcienia jaki marka posiada. Zaproponowala mi Ecru (1N1), ktory byl prawie doskonaly, jedynym problemem bylo to, ze okazal zbyt zolty (czego nie bylo widac dopoki nie wyschnal porzadnie). Tak wiec kupujac nastepna butelke wzielam Shell (1C1). Tak wiec radze wziasc probke, i poczekac az wyschnie zanim zdecydujecie, ze to byl jednak zly kolor jako, ze z doswiadczenia wiem, ze moj kolor gdy jest 'mokry' wyglada na za rozowy, jednak gdy wyschnie jest idealny. Bardzo wazna informacja jest rowniez to, ze podklad (a przynajmniej niektore odcienie) maja rozna nazwe w UK i US, tak wiec jak szukacie danego podkladu na internecie, polecam szukanie go po numerze, a nie nazwie.

Ten podklad ma srednie krycie, jednak nakladajac wiecej mozna zrobic z niego pelnokryjacy podklad, bez efektu maski. Dla mnie krycie jest wystarczajace. Idealnie pokrywa wszystkie zaczerwienienia bez uzycia korektora. Najlepszym sposobem na nalozenie go moim zdaniem sa palce. Podklad ten ma SPF10, ja jednak dodatkowo uzywam zawsze kremu nawilzajacego z SPF50 (nie chce miec zmarsczek na starosc!). Na stronie Estee Lauder jest napisane, ze podklad powinien utrzymac sie 15 godzin. Mysle, ze dla skory normalnej i suchej to jest prawda, jednak dla skory tlustej czas ten skraca sie do ok. 8-9 godzin. Podklad dostepny jest w 6 odcieniach, z ktorego kazdy ma swoje 3 wersje (Ciepla, Neutralna, Zimna). Cena w UK to £25.50, jednak w innych krajach moze ona byc wyzsza lub nizsza.

Te osoby, ktore uwazaja, ze krycie jest dla nich zbyt duze moga wyprobowac wersje Light tego podkladu. W tej wersji krycie jest od lekkiego do sredniego. Tak samo jak normalna wersja posiada 6 odcieni. Dla mnie ten podklad ma jednak kilka minusow. Po pierwsze, jest za malo kryjacy. A po drugie, najjasniejszy odcien jaki jest dostepny jest dla mnie o wiele za ciemny. Ostatnim minusem tego podkladu jest to, ze naklada mi sie go trudniej niz wersje normalna.

Tanszym odpowiednikiem wg internautek jest podklad Revlon ColorStay. Osobiscie nigdy go nie uzywalam wiec nie jestem w stanie dac wam wiekszych detali.

OCENA (Double Wear): 5/5
OCENA (Double Wear Light): 0/5 (niestety brak odpowiedniego odcienia u takiej marki jest dla mnie niewybaczalne, dlatego dalam 0, a nie 2, ktore planowalam)