Blog Archive

MAC PRO Longwear SPF 10

NC 40

Recently I picked up a sample of the MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC40, I have already tried the Mineralize Satinfinish foundation, Select SPF Foundation and I'm currently using Studio Fix Fluid. I'm getting quite bored of my current foundation and it's been over a year now and I still nowhere near finishing my bottle  yet.

This foundation claims to last 15 hours and has an SPF of 10, I definitely do not expect this to last that long but I do not like to touch up my makeup during the day when I'm working. Since I've been trying this out I've been really impressed by the texture which is very silky and just glides on the skin, and it doesn't have a smell either!

PROS:
  • Applies very smoothly
  • Doesn't settle or accentuate lines or dry patches
  • Very natural looking
  • Colors are slightly less yellow than other MAC foundations
  • Nice glowing satinfinish
  • Longlasting
  • Comes with a built in pump

After taking a closer look at my face I found that the foundation doesn't cover your skin like a mask, it covers imperfections but leaves you looking radiant with better looking skin and not obvious foundation like Studio Fix Fluid.


Left: Pro Longwear NC40, Right: Studio Fix Fluid NC37
I will definitely purchase a full size bottle and I'm really impressed with the fact that this comes with a pump which is great for hygiene reasons and means you wont waste as much product. I don't mind that it has an SPF but I would have preferred if it didn't because usually having an SPF results in some flashback which makes you a few shades lighter in photographs than what you actually are. But I will say that is probably the best foundation I have tried from MAC yet and it's definitely worth a try.