Blog Archive

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks

Color: 077 Asia and 250 Birthday Suit
I'm not a big lipstick person I think in my whole life I've only had like 3 lipsticks, I'm much more into gloss and lip balms. But on impulse I picked up these two colors which were very pretty in the shop. Birthday suit is the shade I wear most days. Its a nice peachy brown with a little shimmer. Asia is a mauve pink/brown color.

Left : Birthday Suit, Right : Asia
I don't really wear Asia it looked good in the shop but when I wear it comes off a dark brown which I don't like. These lipsticks are really smooth and quite moisturizing but I find that it becomes quite dry after a while. Asia is much more pigmented than Birthday Suit. One thing that really bugs me with these is the smell. These lipsticks have such a sickly sweet smell I find it gives me a headache as soon as I smell it. Birthday Suit has a Caramel Toffee smell and Asia has a Cherry bubblegum smell.

I would say that these are nice lipsticks but nothing special to me, the packaging is not that great either its quite shabby looking and plain. The colors don't come out the same as they look and the smell really bothers me. So its a no for me.