Blog Archive

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush


Shade: 25 Rose Petal

Recently I purchased the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush and its the first time I'm trying a cream blush like this. It's a very pretty light pink shade, and this is the first blush I have purchased in a LONG time. I've been going crazy with the bronzer but that phase has passed now I'm back to blush. 

Maybelline says : An Air soft formula that provides luminous long lasting color on cheeks. Glides on smoothly and blends in easily for seamless color and and a natural radiant finish. Air whipped mousse delivers satin smooth feel on skin. Long wearing formula will not clog pores.

I'm not really satisfied with this blush though, first off I'll say that it is a beautiful color and this is what I would usually go for. I will agree with Maybelline that it is very smooth and satin like but it still feels a bit dry to me. However my problem is that there way too much shimmer in this blush, I don't have anything against a bit of shimmer on cheeks it can look quite nice but there is a bit too much in this for me. Also I don't agree that it's long lasting its extremely smooth but I found myself applying 3 layers to see a good amount of color which disappeared after only a few minutes. I'm not sure why but I will keep trying to see if there is a way around that. But for now not very impressed probably won't purchase it again.