Blog Archive

Shopper's Guide to Pesticides



The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has updated their list of the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 for produce. The old list can be found here and there are some significant changes. I received a preview of the list (it will not be officially posted until May 10), so I am giving it to my few blog readers.
Celery has beat peaches as the most pesticide ridden produce....way to go celery. AND blueberries were added to the dirty dozen. Take a look at the entire list here. This site also explains how the list is determined.
It is also a guide for the budget conscious, like myself. I cannot afford to buy everything organic, but if it is one of the dirty dozen I make sure I do. I save my money on the clean 15.
Hope this helps people make wise and green decisions. Happy and Healthy Eating.