Blog Archive

Hair Comparison


So the other day I looked at some photos of our At Home Reception for our wedding. That was August of last year. I didn't realize how much my hair had grown. I guess when you see it every day it is hard to tell. Then last Saturday I saw some people I hadn't seen in a while and they all commented on how long my hair was getting. So I thought...time for a photo comparison.
August 2009
May 2010
I have also been thinking about dyeing my hair. The Hubs is against this because the last time I dyed my hair i chopped it all off. The color was too different from my natural hair color and it grew so fast, I just couldn't maintain it. I am thinking about henna'ing (is that a word) my hair. I am a little afraid. I don't know what the results will be and it is permanent. It would put a reddish tint on my hair, but I don't know how obvious it would be. I have brown hair and I have seen some of the results on other natural people and the color barely shown. They mostly do it for the benefits to the hair. But what if the color does show, what if it is uneven, what if I hate it?
Here are some close ups of my actual natural hair color


When I look at these I think, what color is my hair? And I think it is actually pretty. But because it is this sandy brown color it can appear dull sometimes. So I will keep doing research on henna and hair and maybe I will make a decision on that subject. I do know that I will not be using any conventional dyes on my hair ever, so its either henna or nothing.
I must say, I am impressed with the growth i have seen in less than a year. I guess taking care of your hair can really make a difference ;)