Blog Archive

When Makeup Goes Bad!

Yesterday I was going through my stuff hoping to use my Revlon Mineral Lipglaze and found something odd.
I originally bought this gloss about 2 years ago! no judgment! I've used it regularly but recently I found that the product had separated and was bleeding an odd red liquid! it also had a stronger than usual scent.


Well part of me is still tempted to use it, just because I don't like throwing stuff but I won't take my chances with this. If you're having doubts on your makeup then don't use it!


Keeping your makeup for way longer than you should can be hazardous and should carry some kind of health warning, products can harbor bacteria causing eye infections and worse. Here's some info on on how long you should hold on to your makeup:
  • Mascara, 3 months (maximum 6 months)
  • Foundation, 1 year
  • Concealer, 18 months
  • Eyeshadow, 12-18 months
  • Lipstick, 2-3 years
  • Lipgloss, no more than 2 years

Have you thrown any of your makeup products yet?