Blog Archive

Rocktober Challenge - Week 4 and more


The last week of the Rocktober Challenge is done!!! This challenge tested me not only physically, but mentally. I did things I never thought I would be able to do. I did miss 2 days though. So for the 31 days of October I worked out 29 days. I personally think that is amazing. Yes, I will toot my own horn. There were so many days when I did not want to workout. There were so many days when I thought I could not do another day, another sit-up, or take another step on the treadmill. But I did it. WOW!

10/22 - 20 minutes on treadmill and strength training
10/23 - went to the pumpkin patch and ran around with a bunch of 5-year olds (most tiring exercise of the whole month)
10/24 - arms, back, and abs
10/25 - NOTHING. (but I got myself back together. I did not want to fall apart at the end.)
10/26 - circuits of jumping jacks, abs, and legs while watching The View
10/27 - w7d2 of c25k
10/28 - Total Body Pilates and abs
10/29 - w7d3 of c25k and abs. I think I may need to do this week of c25k again, or at least one more day of it. It was a struggle and I don't see how I can add to it in the condition I am in now.
10/30 - level 2 of the 30 day Shred
THE LAST DAY 10/31 - repeated w7d3 of c25k.

I still have room from improvement though. I think I have hit a mental roadblock with running. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get past 2.5 miles continuously. This may not be a long distance for all, but for a non-runner like me I am impressed I can even do that. But I have to figure out a way to push myself.

I also need to work on my diet. For the most part I would say I eat pretty healthy, especially during the week when I am at work. It is when I am off that I am concerned. I enjoy waffles, but I think I am having them to frequently. And then there is the occasional Oreo (but that is only when I go to VA for work). I think I am "treating" myself for having to go out there. But no excuses...I have to do better.

The real results will be seen tomorrow when I finally weigh myself. I have seen changes in my body and my jeans are too big, but I would like to see changes on the scale. I have not weighed myself all October. The only way I accomplished this was having the Hubs hide the scale. So tomorrow I will see. Hoping the results are indicative of the work I put in.