Blog Archive

Rocktober Challenge - Week 1


Week 1 of the Rocktober Challenge is done. Woo hoo! I did 30+ minutes of physical activity every day. That is not something I ever thought I would say. I used to say, how do those people go to the gym 6-7 times a week. All I can do is 3. Well obviously that is not true. I went to the gym 6 of the 7 days and every day I did over the 30 minutes. It was very hard for me to get my activity time in on day 7. I worked some unexpected overtime and because of that I did not get to go to the gym. But I found a way to get in so physical activity and I am very proud of myself. I was doing leg lifts and heel touchers in my chair at work and I walked for about 15 minutes earlier in the day and broke a sweat.

So here is the breakdown:
10/1 - walked Annapolis Mall 2x (broke a sweat)
10/2 - elliptical, strength training, and abs
10/3 - on the dance floor til 2am and w5d2 of c25k program (2x in one day, WHAT?!)
10/4 - 30 min. elliptical and 10 min. treadmill
10/5 - w5d3 of c25k program
10/6 - elliptical, strength training, and abs
10/7 - 15 minute walk, leg exercises in the chair

I will admit, getting in the 30+ minutes a day is not easy. But it is great having others to be accountable to. If I have learned anything this week it is that I am stronger than I think I am and I need group support. So now I am on to week 2.