Blog Archive

I send vibrations, In your direction, Through Satellite Minds

The other day I was watching eTalk for some reason (I never watch eTalk- I think it was just on after Fashion Television) and I got a glimpse of Kat Dennings at the premiere of her new movie Defendor- and with a little research (combined with a complete fluke) I found out that her dress is from Topshop!


I have to say I'm not a great fan of the lower part- it wouldn't do much for my hips! But I absolutely love the top! I am pretty busty and sometimes finding nice tops to wear is tough. Now I know what to look for! Has anyone seen anything like this around?


About 2 weeks ago I went to Seattle for the Bumbershoot Music Festival. I got to see "Metric" perform- one of my fave bands ever and it was my first time seeing them live. I had heard so much buzz about them (especially before they came onstage, everyone around me seemed to have seen them before at some time or another) and they completely lived up to the hype, even raised the bar on my expectations! They were all great, but the lead singer Emily Haines was astounding. What an amazing performer- and she knows her fashion!


They wern't selling any merchandise at the show but I have my eyes on this Metric "Face" T or tank from the website. I'm leaning towards the tank...


If you've never listened to Metric before- do it! They are so incredible, and their latest album is their best yet (in my opinion)!



There are a couple of DIY projects that I want to embark on. Emily Haines actually inspired me with her shredded jeans, so I'm going to give it a whirl. So far I've found one great tutorial on the Pacsun website. I also want to do some tie-dye bleached jeans. Most tutorials say to put them into a bucket of bleach+water but I don't want to fade out the entire jean. I want them to look more like the pic below. I'll see what I can do... and I will definetly put the results up here!

Happy Monday everyone!

source metric1 metric2 kat-dennings.net agyness