#89: Legg Mason Tennis Classic


This week the Hubs and I went to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic (LMTC). For those of you that don't know I am a HUGE tennis fan. Let's say that again, HUGE. And this was my first time ever seeing tennis live. We got tickets for Monday night not knowing who was going to play that day. We got to see James Blake practice and play, unfortunately he lost. And we got to see Fernando Verdasco. Ok, can I say damn good looking by the way. That was the highlight of Monday though. The other single's players we saw I was not familiar with. We did get to see a doubles match with Baghdatis and Wawrinka, but I am not a doubles tennis follower.
Highlights of Day 1







The real highlight of Day 1. While watching James Blake practice, he hit a pop ball into the stands. And I got it. How did that happen? Well, it was coming straight for my head.
Me: OMG. This ball is going to hit me in my head and all these people are going to see. (this is what I was thinking)
I put up my hand and just try to block my face. The ball hits my hand and bounces on the ground in front of me. I grab it and put it in my purse.
The Hubs: You should have caught that.
Yep, that what I got from the Hubs. Um. All I was thinking about was not being bashed in the head by an out of control tennis ball.
Anyway, we had SO much fun that day AND the announcer kept talking about who was playing the next, that we decided to buy tickets right then for the next day. Woo hoo.
So, on Day 2 of my LMTC experience I got to see Andy Roddick, John Isner (who I think I have a crush on), and the Bryan brothers who were not playing that day, but received an award for being the winningest doubles tennis team in the whole history of tennis. Ok, seriously, I was like a kid in a candy store.



Ok. I have to explain my crush on John Isner, and yes this started before his marathon match at Wimbledon. So anyway, he is like 6 feet forever and I have a thing for tall guys, but on top of that he does this thing before he serves where he bounces the tennis ball through his legs like it is a basketball. And I don't know why but I love it. It is something like this.Can you even see that? Well, anyway that is the extent of my crush. Besides, he is a baby.
Okay, so I got to fulfill a dream that I have had forever and the Hubs who is not a tennis fan at all enjoyed himself. He said it was better to see live than on tv. Whatever, it is great no matter what.
And we decided that next year we are getting tickets again. And now I want to see more professional tennis. I think I am more hooked now than I was before. Yes, a monster has been created.