Blog Archive

#30: Watch 5 documentaries on eco-friendly living




A couple of weeks ago, the Hubs and I watched the Academy Award nominated documentary Food, Inc. I told the Hubs I would not send it back to Netflix unless he watched it with me, so FINALLY i got him to. I had already heard a lot of the information presented in the documentary, but I really wanted the Hubs to see it so he could get a better understanding of why it is important to me that we eat better. I think his eyes were opened a little, but I think he is still skeptical. I also think he feels that eating conventionally is just more convenient. But since I do 98% of the grocery shopping I am not worried.

He was convinced that I was trying to turn him into a vegetarian, but that is definitely not the case. I just wanted him to understand where the food he buys from the grocery store is coming from and what is actually done to the food to get it from the "farm" to the store. I call it a "farm" because if you see the documentary you will realize that it is not a farm in the sense that most people think of a farm. I will admit that something like this is what turned me vegetarian, but that honestly was not my intention.
I just think everyone has a right to know where their food is coming from and whether or not it is truly safe to eat. Once you have the information, what you decide to do with it is up to you. To find out more about this documentary, go here.
To view my 101 in 1001 click here.