Blog Archive

#22: Make 10 New Recipes


I am on a roll right now with cooking, well for me anyway. Two weeks in a row, that is a roll for me. Ha ha. So tonight I turned to my Food Network recipe box once again. This time a Giada DeLaurentis creation.
Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese
Ingredients1 lb. fusilli pasta1/4 c. olive oil1 garlic clove, minced1 (9-oz) bag of fresh spinach, roughly chopped8 oz (1/2 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved1 c. Asiago cheese, grated1/2 Parmesan cheese, grated1 tsp. salt3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsBring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but slightly firm to the bite (8-10 minutes). Drain pasta reserving 1/2 c. of cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes). Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts (2 more minutes). Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
Notes: I used mini fusilli because it was all I could find and it was not wheat. I have not had regular pasta in a while. I used organic spinach (one of the dirty dozen). I used Romano cheese instead of Parmesan because that is what I had. I also added a little more salt for taste at the end. Just a pinch.
Verdict: Yummy. I had to reheat it because the Hubs got home about an hour after he said he was. But I will definitely be making this again. Also next time I will add more tomatoes. I was thinking about it when I was cutting them, but decided to follow the recipe. Next time I will use the entire pint.