Why don't black people know how to have fun?


Ok...I guess I should say some, not all.

So last night, the hubs and I (that was for Heather in case she reads this) went to our favorite local restaurant, Stonefish Grill, for what they call Karaoke night. So we are there, eating some food, and having some drinks waiting for some fun and entertainment. So once it gets started who gets up to perform....only people trying to get their record deal. That's right. I thought karaoke was supposed to be people who can't really sing gettin up there and doin the damn thang on their favorite song. (That was my plan anyway.) I was gonna get up there and sing me some MJ "Man in the Mirror" and rock it out. But I was not going to be the only person making a fool of myself. If I was going up there it was going to be expected that I could sing, which to make clear I definitely cannot.

So what did the night end up being? The same 4 or 5 people singing ballads hoping that there was some music exec in the audience. Really? Really? I was so pissed, but Eddie said something that really stuck with me. He said that black people only like to have fun at the expense of others not themselves. I mean I guess he is the same way. He would never get up there and do karaoke, but he would definitely sit back and laugh at someone else.

So I ask, why don't black people know how to have fun? All my life I was accused of being white and only hanging out with white people and blah blah blah, ignorance ignorance ignorance. But that is not it at all. And all of my friends are not white. I just like to have fun. I like to live life to the fullest and laugh, whether it be at myself or others. So I just hang out with people that have the same outlook as I do. So if I would have gone out last night and my friends would have been in the crowd, we would have gotten up there and made a fool of ourselves and had the best time ever. But I was not going to be the only one up there not looking for a record deal. So that will probably be the last time I go to the Stonefish Grill talent show with these bougie black people that don't know how to have fun.