Why ask why???


Is there a benefit of asking questions when you will never get an answer? I have been asking myself why did this happen to us. We haven't even been married for 2 months. Why such a big trial in our marriage so early? Then I ask myself, why was he so lucky? I mean trust me I am so grateful. I thank God everyday that he was lucky, that angels were with him, but why was he lucky or blessed when others aren't? He is the first person on this department to be shot and live. When I type that it is really like...WOW! No one has survived before on this department. Seeing the photos of his truck I think of how the end result could have been so different. I try not to think about that, but it is hard. Especially when you have to hear the story over and over and when I change his bandages and see that an inch this way or that way and who knows. Why can't I just be ecstatic that he will make a full recovery and be fine? Why do I have to ask why???