DIY Chain Boots!

I bought these black boots a couple weeks ago and was going to wear them as is, but after awhile I thought they looked pretty boring. So I decided to buy some chain and do something a bit interesting.

From bland and boring...
Photobucket

...to blinged out! (...it's the best I could do.) Here's the outside...
Photobucket

and the inside...
Photobucket

The shoes are from Wal-Mart and the chains are from a store in Vancouver called the i-Found gallery (on Main Street). It's a really awesome store, full of antique jewelery, charms and pendants. I have made a few custom necklaces there already. They also sell tons of different types of chain by the foot, which is where I got the chain for this DIY project. I know you can also buy chain on ebay, and another way to get chain is to go to a cheap-o clothing store and check out the necklace selection. I just grabbed a couple tools from my closet to pry open the chain where I wanted to attach it to another strand, and after a bit of finegalling I got everything where I wanted it to go.

I'm really happy with how they turned out! This is definetly an easy project that anyone can do.