When did Hilary Duff grow up?


So obviously Hilary has hit the "I'm not a kid anymore and I want to show you how sexy and womanly I am!" stage in her life. I've never been a huge fan of hers, but her new song "Reach Out" (yes it does sample the 80s tune... or was it 90s?) is fairly catchy, and she is actually fairly 'classy-sexy' (if there is such a thing) a la Nelly Furtado, except for maybe the part where shes wearing her dress in the pool but idk?

It kind of reminds me of when Christina Aguilera released "Dirrty", and at first I was shocked (and "Dirrty" was definetly more racy than this), because she was my favourite singer and it was weird to see her change her image from bubble-gum pop to- whatever you could call the leather chaps and boxing ring image. But then I heard an interview with her saying how her first CD were songs and an image all put on her by execs- that's not who she actually was. She wanted to break free of that and be herself. While 'being herself' seemed pretty extreme to some, I actually heard the message, about being true to yourself, and that really spoke to me. Since then she has done many songs with a strong message.

I guess what I'm saying is, Hilary's new image change would be easier to swallow if she actually had something to say. What have you all to say about this?

Aside from that... the look of this video is pretty cool, and for the most part I like what Hilary's wearing.







Screencaps were shot by me! You can watch the video on YouTube