Blog Archive

Movie Star Style: Ghost World

I was getting ready to do this Ghost World blog, and then the May 08 issue of Nylon shows up at my door with a feature on the movie. What a coincidence! Ghost World is one of my favourite movies. It's got Thora Birch as sarcastic and cynical Enid, Scarlett Johansson before she was famous, and Steve Bucsemi, awesome as always.





Enid: I'm taking a remedial high school art class for fuck-ups and retards.

Rebecca: This is so bad it's almost good.
Enid: This is so bad it's gone past good and back to bad again.

Enid: Gimme all your money, bitch!

Enid: It's not like I'm some modern punk, dickhead. It's an obvious, 1977 original punk rock look. I guess Johnny fuckface over there's too stupid to realize it.
Rebecca: I didn't get it either.
Enid: Everyone's too stupid!

Music to get you in the mood:
"What Do I Get" - The Buzzcocks
"Jaan Pehechaan Ho" - Mohammad Rafi
"Devil Got My Woman" - Skip James