Blog Archive

How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes

It's important to clean your makeup brushes regularly, if you don't you'll be brushing dirt and bacteria back on to your face each time. I'll be honest I don't wash mine as regular as recommended and I know I'm not alone, but I do keep them clean. So in addition to getting a better makeup application keeping your brushes in good condition will make them last a lot longer too. You should try to wash them at least once a week.

  1. Fill your sink with some warm water and start wetting your brushes, try to keep the water away from the handle because this can ruin the brush. This happened to me once and it was very unfortunate. 



2.  Using a soap or shampoo, I used Johnson's baby shampoo. Swirl the brush gently in the palm of your hand for 30 seconds.


3. Rinse your brushes with warm water until all the shampoo or soap has rinsed off.

4. Lay your brushes on a clean towel to dry, gently reshape the bristle so they dry in the same shape.


How do you clean your makeup brushes?