Blog Archive

Getting Fit For Summer 2011/ My Weightloss

It's that time of year again when everyone is planning a vacation and planning some kind of summer diet or fitness routine. So I've also been doing that! I'm also looking forward to going somewhere in summer so action must be taken to get in shape! I've been steadily losing weight over the past year and I've lost about 10 kilos so far. I've haven't done anything drastic or out of the ordinary and I haven't been exercising much over the past few months. So here are some things I have done to help my weight loss:


1.Drinking  Water
This is really going to help you in the long run, you need to stay hydrated to burn more calories. Studies have shown that a 3% reduction in hydration can result in a 15% reduction in energy levels. You need to drink about 1.5 litres to keep the body functioning properly. Drinking a glass of water before a meal can also be helpful for weightloss.



2. Green Tea
Green tea has endless benefits on the body, I drink Lipton green tea 1-2 times a day and it really helps to detox the body. Green tea can also help you burn more calories. Drinking green tea has also helped make my skin glow.

3. Slim Fast
I love this stuff! I'm probably addicted. I drink one milkshake a day mostly after I workout. This tastes really good and helps me stay full longer.


4. Healthy Meals
I found that cutting back on my favourite foods: chocolate, ice cream and all that good stuff really helped me, this combined with smaller portions of healthier foods speeded up my weight loss a lot. I like to eat grilled chicken, homemade mash potatoes and green vegetables.


5. Workout
Lastly the hard part the workout! I thought finding a good workout would be the challenge here. Turns out staying motivated and actually getting up and doing it consistently is the hard part. Whenever I start these things I give up within 2 weeks for some reason,  but I really really like this dvd and yoga is my favorite way to go and this one is really fun to do. It is very hard but the results are there I've been doing this particular workout for a few weeks and my body has already changed. My body is toning up and I can really see it. I workout 4-5 times a week.

I hope this was helpful. Losing weight can be a struggle and you shouldn't get discouraged. There are lots of crazy diets out there but I found that changing small things can make a big difference such as drinking water before eating, smaller portions at meal times and cutting back on junk foods make a huge difference.